T + 176 So Much for a Wednesday Off

Well my sinuses didn't improve and so I rang the Bone Marrow Transplant Ward and explained I thought I had a sinus infection. They asked me to come up to the normal Wednesday transplant clinic and they would fit me in.

I got there about 10:45 and was impressed that my notes had made it down to the clinic already. I had quite a wait but then I expected that as I didn't have an appointment. However I settled in to finish reading The Farthest Shore the third book of the Earthsea series by Ursula K LeGuin and literally as I was reading the very last paragraph I was called through to see one of the consultants. I was tempted to ask him to hang on a minute but thought better of it.

I explained the situation to him and he confirmed it was almost certainly a bacterial infection however just in case it was a viral infection he asked me to do an NPA or snot in a pot to check for viruses. Then he prescribed some Augmentin antibiotics for me and said to come back in a week, which is what I was due to do anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T + 188 Hackery, Bakery, Accident and Emergency

Down the line (12A)

T + 109 New Year New Look