T + 169 FP92A

I had a fairly straightforward visit to the transplant clinic this morning.

The journey was easier from Mom and Dad's as well so I was there in plenty of time. I saw a new registrar I haven't seen before and he was very good. He listened to my chest and did a general exam of neck , armpits and abdomen where lymph nodes lurk.

We revised my steroid tapering regime slightly so from tomorrow I'll go 4 days on 20mg, then 4 days on 10mg then 4 on 5mg. My next appointment is in two week's time now so I get a week off next week which will be nice. After that it will probably have to go back to weekly as we try to manage coming off the steroids and itraconazole without triggering the GVHD.

After seeing the doc I had my usual wait for pharmacy to dispense a top up of the drugs I'm running low on.

Speaking of pharmacy, FP92A is the form you need to fill in and get your doctor to sign to qualify for the new prescription charge exemption for cancer patients that starts from the 1st of April this year.

I was able to get a form from my GP and then get my consultant to sign it at the hospital as amazingly the hospital pharmacy hasn't been able to get any info from the Department of Health about when they will get the forms.

I sent my form off about 2 weeks ago and a few days ago I received by exemption card in the post. It's valid from 1st April 2009 to 1st April 2014 when it will be reviewed. Until then no more prescription charges for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T + 188 Hackery, Bakery, Accident and Emergency

Down the line (12A)

T + 109 New Year New Look