A busy weekend clearing the study so we can have the carpet laid meant I didn't get chance to redraft anything of my Novel but this evening I have managed to get chapters one and two online:-
Well it's been a funny few days. Funny peculiar I should say, not funny "ha-ha". Just before the close of normal business on Friday evening, with me looking forward to a long break off work until Thursday, I got involved in helping with an issue for our Houston office that on and off took up, for me, most of the night until about 23:00. (Other worked on to it long into the early hours but I didn't want to push my luck more than I already had). I coped pretty well with the extra work but one thing I've found is that when I get for the want of a better word, excited, about a work problem I end up with an occasional attack of the collywobbles, by which I mean a sort of quivery feeling and slight tremors in the hands that reduce my fine motor skills like writing, typing or moving the mouse. ( I see from the link given that collywobbles means something different but I've always thought of these quivers as collywobbles, but I digress.....). The best way to describ...
Anyone remember Game for a Laugh I went to the day unit for bloods as usual this morning then logged on to work in the afternoon. Whilst at the day unit I bumped into my fellow inmate from my last sojourn who was moved into isolation when he got bug. He's been out since Monday and was looking well. It was nice to catch up with him and doubtless our paths will cross over the coming months. So the Game for a Laugh reference, well since the end of April I have been using the Google Analytics service to provide stats for this blog and see how people are logging on etc. It shows that I have had 219 hits from 75 unique visitors. I'm not sure how the 75 unique visitors translates to actual humans as it is possible that if you disconnect and reconnect to your Internet Service Provider you get a different IP address and could appear as a different visitor. ( Though if google use http cookies they might be able to spot this). In comparison my other technical blog http://raetsel.wordpr...
Just like the Verve said. Unfortunately after my post yesterday the bone pain didn't really abate much despite the paracetamol and it was not a pleasant few hours yesterday evening. However by 22:00 the pain had subsided a bit and I could take a couple more paracetamol. This kept me going until I woke about 05:40 feeling the pain again. More pills and I was able to have a decent lie in. A fresh injection in the morning but during the day it's been ok just a dull ache mostly kept at bay by the pills. It must be something about when my stem cells are most active or when the effects of the injections kick in but after about 16:00 the pain comes back with a vengence and paracetamol don't seem to touch it. When I go to the day unit in the morning I'll ask for something stronger. They did offer me some codeine last time I had some bone pain but at the time paracetamol was doing the job. This time I'll take them up on their offer.
Comments